From Victorian History of Cambridgeshire
The Three Horse Shoes inn, on the south-east side of Church Street, occurs in 1787. It was used for parish meetings in the 1830s and survived until 1908 when it was demolished and a private house built on the site. The Prince Regent on the corner of Church Street and the Hauxton road, recorded in 1847, survived in 1980. The William IV on High Street, which also occurs in 1847, was converted into private houses in 1910. The Chequers, on the north-west side of Church Street, built in the late 1860s, also survived in 1980. There were other public houses in the village in the later 19th century.
Click here for more pub photos
From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale.
The Three Horseshoes pub (now demolished) in Church Street. "This public house stood by the side of Church Street. It belonged to the Brewer Headly of Great Shelford. The house was superfluous, there being five other public houses in Shelford Parva, namely the Checkers, the Prince Regent, the Waggon and Horses, the Plough and the Prince William. All these were more convenently situated and therefore had more regular customers for the beer they sold. In 1907 the county council took away the licence of the Three Horse shoes and it was bought by Mr Lockhart. He pulled it down and built a new red brick haitation on the same site."
"The festivities (at the Prince Regent) connected with the annual village feast were celebrated at this public house. There was dancing in the evening and a fair in the daytime and the stalls and booths were placed on each side of Church Street."
"Opposite the Hall Farm is the Maltern Close. Near the cart gate once stood a big black barn and house both burned down about the year 1851. It belonged to Seward Lofts who had a brewery there. On the Eastern side of Maltern Close there is a narrow field with a cart gate opening to the Whittlesford Road. There are fine elm trees making an avenue up to the house and cottage which form two sides of the yard called King William Close. The King William public house was hired bu Hudson the brewer until 1910 when it was found to be superfluous."
"The Carrier's Cart public House. This house was built by Williams the carpenter and served with ale from White of Whittlesford. Then Phillips the brewer had it and Fred Dockerill bought it from him in 1884 when the licence was taken by the county council there being too many public houses in the parish."