Buildings‎ > ‎

Little Shelford village hall

 
 
A former Village Hall, Church Street, Little Shelford
"In 1918 a small wooden recreation room was brought from the Whittlesford military hospital and placed upon the site of these old cottages and has been named Freda Room. A larger permanent room will soon be added and named Victory Hall. William Gall used to make asphalte and disinfecting fluids in his yard. He built a very tall brick chimney there but the smoke and the odours from the asphalte manufacture were so distressing to the whole parish that it was bought by J.F.Eaden esquire. " From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P40
The old Village Hall, Church Street, Little Shelford
The old Village Hall, Church Street, Little Shelford
The former village hall, Church Street, Little Shelford.The old Village Hall, Church Street, Little Shelford

Inside the former Village Hall, Church Street, Little Shelford
Great War memorial at the Memorial Hall, Church Street, Little Shelford

Additions to the Village Hall in 1932
 
 
Additions to the Village Hall in 1932
 
Additions to the Village Hall in 1932
 
Additions to the Village Hall in 1932
Comments