Old photos and paintings of the Little Shelford Manor House

"This painting is a copy of the oil painting belonging to Miss Ealoner Finch." From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P39
A painting of the rear of Little Shelford manor house reproduced
in A Record of Shelford Parva.  There has been a Manor House
 on the site since the 1300s.From the late C13 it was the
 seat of the De Freville family, but after 300 years they sold it
 to Tobias Palavicino, who had commanded one of the English
 men-of-war in the battle with the Spanish Armada in 1588.
This house was largely demolished in c.1750 and the present
 house, designed by Inigo Jones, was built.

 
A painting of Little Shelford manor house 
The Manor House, Little Shelford in 1916 from A record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale.
 Little Shelford manor house"The ancient painting in oil colour now in the possession of Miss Finch represents this house. " From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P39

"This dam was placed across the Granta to turn the water into the moat made by Palivicini." From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P76

The Manor House, Manor Road, Little Shelford
 A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P78

Comments