Church Street photos (2 of 3)

The former Post Office, Church Street, Little Shelford
 
 
The Prince Regent pub (now Sycamore House restaurant)
A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P40The Chequers, (now Winners Chinese Takeaway), Church Street, Little Shelford
Church Street, Little Shelford 11 Church Street, Little Shelford
A parade down Church Street, Little Shelford on the Queen's Silver Jubilee, 1977
 
A parade down Church Street, Little Shelford
 
Ingleside, Church Street, Little Shelford
A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P38
The Three Horseshoes pub (now demolished) in Church Street, Little Shelford "This public house stood by the side of Church Street. It belonged to the Brewer Headly of Great Shelford. The house was superfluous, there being five other public houses in Shelford Parva, namely the Checkers, the Prince Regent, the Waggon and Horses, the Plough and the Prince William. All these were more convenently situated and therefore had more regular customers for the beer they sold. In 1907 the county council took away the licence of the Three Horse shoes and it was bought by Mr Lockhart. He pulled it down and built a new red brick haitation on the same site." From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P45
For more Church Street photos click here
   

Comments