Church Street photos (3 of 3)

Camping Close at the rear of Church Street, Little Shelford " Mrs William Gall's mother lived in a cottage behind the Checkers Public House where she had a school for children and an oven for baking bread." From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P41
 A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P36
The old Chancel of All Saints Church before restoration in 1878. Examination of the church bells at Little Shelford in January 1961. Canon Edward Sibsob is on the right.
A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P53
All Saints Church, Little Shelford
A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P57
A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P53
A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P48
All Saints Church
Shelford Church and the Priesthouse
A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P51
Saxon remains, All Saints Church, Little Shelford
 
Bells outside during the refurbishment of All Saints Church
Note the oil lamps soon after World War 1
"Little Shelford Church before the ingle large arch was built about year 1855." From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P52
"Little Shelford Church before the restoration in 1879." From A Record Of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale.
All Saints Church
All Saint's Church, Church Street, Little Shelford 
A former Village Hall, Church Street, Little Shelford
The old Village Hall, Church Street, Little Shelford
Inside the former Village Hall, Church Street, Little Shelford 1932
The old Village Hall, Church Street, Little Shelford
The old Village Hall, Church Street, Little Shelford The former village hall, Church Street, Little Shelford
Additions to the Village Hall in 1932 Additions to the Village Hall in 1932
Additions to the Village Hall in 1932Additions to the Village Hall in 1932
"The cottage where Webb lived dated from 1500 AD stood behind this black tarred one which is on the west side of the Chequers pub. In 1918 a small wooden recreation room was brought from the Whittlesford military hospital and placed upon the site of these old cottages and has been named Freda Room. A larger permanent room will soon be added and named Victory Hall. William Gall used to make asphalte and disinfecting fluids in his yard. He built a very tall brick chimney there but the smoke and the odours from the asphalte manufacture were so distressing to the whole parish that it was bought by J.F.Eaden esquire. " From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P40 Church Street, Little Shelford
Great War memorial at the Memorial Hall, Church Street, Little Shelford Blacksmith's workshop and Prince Regent (now Sycamore House) from Church Street, Little Shelford


 
     
     
     
     
     
 
 
 

Comments