Old photos and historical postcards of Whittlesford Road, Little Shelford (1st of 2 pages)

 
Whittlesford Road, Little Shelford
 Whittlesford Road, Little Shelford 
  
 The former Post Office and Walkers shop, Whittlesford Road, Little Shelford
 
Walkers stores and post office, Whittlesford Road, Little Shelford
 Ivy Cottage, Whittlesford Road, Little Shelford 
 
A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P68
 
 Sainsfoins from A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P15 
 
Whittlesford Road, Little Shelford when known as Green Lane
 
 The cross that used to be sited at the junction of Whittlesford Road and the High Street. It is now in the Churchyard. 
 
"This view of Old Shelford House is also copied from a watercolour by Col R.G.Wale who also made a model to scale of the whole building before the south and east portions were removed." From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P59
 
 Gatehouse at Sainsfoins, Whittlesford Road 
 
"West End of evening school or Studio Cottage. From about 1885 technical work was taught there instead of reading and writing. Parish meetings took place there. the rooms were also used after that for Sunday schol 42 boys and 40 girls until 1909." From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P46
 
 "At the Whittlesford Road end of the terrace stands a fine elm tree." From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P69
"The Pound Yard and Lime Cottage. this pond was removed about 1859 and the stocks before that date. The evening school now called Studio Cottage is at the end of the path." From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P66
 
 "The Chapel and Ellum's thatched cottage - Stearn's House - Butlar's house and shop - Elbourn's house - King's Farm." From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P27 
  "The second view of Studio Cottage was taken from the wall near the Church. " From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P46   
 Unknown cottage belonging to Col R.G.Wale in 1886. 
For more old photos of Whittlesford Road, click here