Old photos and historical postcards of Whittlesford Road, Little Shelford (2nd of 2 pages)


"This view shows the meeting of Church Street with the road to Whittlesford." From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P66

  
 
 "Ivy Cottage - this house belongs to G.F.O. Bagnall esquire and was built about the year 1838." From A Record of Shelford Parva by Fanny Wale P69
 
Copied from a painting of the Lodge in late Victorian times by Rosemary Nicholls in 1977.
 Unknown cottage belonging to Col R.G.Wale in 1886. 
 
All Saint's Church with Camping Close in the foreground
 drawn by the Cambridgeshire artist Osbaldeston around 1850.
 Picture courtesy of Mike Petty/Cambridgeshire Archive.
 
 

  
 
 
The Brown Family at the rear of Studio Cottage in 1918

 
The Brown Family at the rear of Studio Cottage in 1918
 
 
Shelford turnpike cottage and toll gate, M. Wale, c. 1858. 
Cambridgeshire Collection
 
 
Ivy Cottage around 1907 drawn by Fanny Wale
 
 
Ivy Cottage around 1907 drawn by Fanny Wale
 
 
Ivy Cottage around 1907 drawn by Fanny Wale
 
 
Ivy Cottage 
 
 
For more old photos and historic postcards of Little Shelford, click here
 
Comments